Our DSL is now SUPER FAST… so much better than dial-up. While “offline” I read a couple thousand pages of the Harry Potter series and I started a new book called, Girl Finds God, by Lauren F. Winner. I will blog more about that book as soon as I finish it. So far, it’s been a great read.
Thought to Ponder: On the way home, I meandered through back streets to avoid long waits at traffic lights… and though it may be a slightly longer route to get home, at least I am in motion the whole time, and therefore, the journey itself doesn’t seem to take as long. I laughed as I realized I do this, then thought, “Why can’t I seem to do that in other areas of my life? Why can’t I stay in motion?” A thing to make you say, “hmm…”
Jene’ is off to Republican headquarters to watch the election results trickle in for today’s primary. For the first time in my life I got to vote for someone I know and not only that, I know he’s the best man for the job (it’s so rare to be able to depart from the lesser of two evils voting). He is also an ornery man (it’s always the quiet ones) who likes to grab people’s feet during scary orc sections of Lord of the Rings. Anyway, I will update you on Victor’s progress for his re-election bid for Railroad Commissioner of Texas. Jene’ had planned to be in Austin with Victor & family to watch the election results, but she had a job interview today (HOORAY) and couldn’t make it out of town.
As for me, I got turned down for another position at another church, but they sent me a nice rejection letter, and it was personalized and did not say, “Dear Applicant.” I am working, however, every day this month, which will produce two healthy paychecks in a row. WOO HOO! I can’t tell you the last time that happened… well, yes I can… this time last year.
Other interesting tidbits since I blogged last:
– I cooked meat this evening and I do not smell like the meat I cooked. Bonus. (last week I had to shower after the Great Bacon Incident II)
– I had a craving last week for Maneschewitz matza bread, though I’m not Jewish and matza is not a regular part of my diet. I’m a different combination of “ish.” Amish… Scotish… Irish… and other “ishes.” Not sure what that means, but I will probably pick up a box the next time I pass the kosher section at Kroger’s.
– I learned the cash register system at the bookstore (where I’ve picked up the extra days) in about 10 minutes and even though the little scanner/barcode reader thingy didn’t work most of the time, I did quite well. Kudos to me. I guess all that playing with my toy cash register when I was little paid off.
– I have not yet seen Mel Gibson’s The Passion of the Christ. It’s not that I don’t want to, but I wanted to wait another week or two so I can go to the theater and weep — and not in front of 400 people. It’s still tough to get a ticket to this movie in Houston. From what I’ve read and from the reactions of people I know, Christian and non-Christian, this is a worthwhile movie on which to spend your money.
– Sunday, I went to Mickey D’s to try to win a million dollars, but alas, I wasn’t the chosen one for their contest. Sad, but true.
– I finally received my Hershey’s T-shirt (the one I won January 1st – the good omen T-shirt). It’s a long-sleeved, white T-shirt, with a Hershey bar on the front. Underneath the Hershey bar, it says, “Sharing is Overrated.” Now that I’ve received the shirt, let the good omens turn into good results!
That’s all I can think of right now… I’ll most likely blog again soon. Did you miss me?