Every once in a while, I take a personal inventory and now is as good a time as any to reveal some of the random/strange things I have learned about myself.
1. I can no longer pull an “all nighter” for fun, though the person I was with, 15 years my junior, fell asleep before I did.
2. I can no longer drink an unlimited amount of soda in 36 hours’ time. I am super-sensitive to sugar now and the sugar hangovers feel worse than a “regular” hangover.
3. I can no longer wear hip, cool shoes, especially those with heels over an inch. If they make my feet hurt in the store… well… chances are I can’t wear them longer than 10 minutes and frankly, what’s the point? I am not one of those women who will endure pain for fashion.
4. When feeling the euphoria of carpe diem, remember to pack comfy shoes and a snack.
5. If coloring one’s hair a shade lighter produces “blonder” behavior, going a shade darker doesn’t reverse the trend.
6. Two snapeas does not a meal make.
7. If I know a high protein breakfast starts my day out best, perhaps I should eat a high protein breakfast every day.
8. A journey to the shrine of St. Arbuck’s is never wasted time.
9. If I leave my homework bag in the middle of the floor, I can’t get upset about tripping over it. Dems da berries.
10. I am as old as I feel. Today, that would mean I feel like I did when I was 21 years old. Last Monday, though, I felt about 60 (no offense to anyone out there who is 60 or older). Apparently I can feel several different ages in a short time period. I wish my body would just pick one, preferably on the lower end of the scale.
I’m sure I’ll learn something about myself later today as well…