Every once in a while, I take a personal inventory and now is as good a time as any to reveal some of the random/strange things I have learned about myself.
1. I can no longer pull an “all nighter” for fun, though the person I was with, 15 years my junior, fell asleep before I did.
2. I can no longer drink an unlimited amount of soda in 36 hours’ time. I am super-sensitive to sugar now and the sugar hangovers feel worse than a “regular” hangover.
3. I can no longer wear hip, cool shoes, especially those with heels over an inch. If they make my feet hurt in the store… well… chances are I can’t wear them longer than 10 minutes and frankly, what’s the point? I am not one of those women who will endure pain for fashion.
4. When feeling the euphoria of carpe diem, remember to pack comfy shoes and a snack.
5. If coloring one’s hair a shade lighter produces “blonder” behavior, going a shade darker doesn’t reverse the trend.
6. Two snapeas does not a meal make.
7. If I know a high protein breakfast starts my day out best, perhaps I should eat a high protein breakfast every day.
8. A journey to the shrine of St. Arbuck’s is never wasted time.
9. If I leave my homework bag in the middle of the floor, I can’t get upset about tripping over it. Dems da berries.
10. I am as old as I feel. Today, that would mean I feel like I did when I was 21 years old. Last Monday, though, I felt about 60 (no offense to anyone out there who is 60 or older). Apparently I can feel several different ages in a short time period. I wish my body would just pick one, preferably on the lower end of the scale.
I’m sure I’ll learn something about myself later today as well…
4 thoughts on “THINGS I HAVE LEARNED ABOUT MYSELF”
i….was…..TIRED! not my fault!!!!!p.s. coloring your hair does not reverse it…in my case, it just makes you blonder.
How funny, you stayed up past Karie!
i’m never going to live this down.
You make me laugh..and I am in feeling you on the first three of your list. When I worked with the students…I was falling asleep at midnight!