I’ve been tagged on Facebook by untold numbers of people… so I’m going to do a NancyMon and post 25 Random Things about me here and it will migrate to Facebook like a good little post. I would tag some people, but… I think everybody in Facebook-dom has been tagged.
25 Random Things About Me (in the order they popped into my head)
1. I have to get a new car soon – my stereo is going out. It is dangerous to drive in silence.
2. I refuse to act my age because I’m not really sure how 40 year-olds are supposed to act.
3. I’m not afraid to grow old, I just battle the fear of growing old alone.
4. I’m a sci-fi geek, though I do not speak Klingon or Elvish. I would love to study Elvish.
5. I think I could live without books, but I could not live without music.
6. If I’m ever vulnerable and completely real with you, you have been accepted into a level of trust few ever experience. So few know the real me, and I hope one day that changes.
7. I envy true musicians. I hear scores and songs in my head all the time, I just have no way to get them out.
8. I once cracked my head open hanging off the back of a Lazy-Boy.
9. Every day I feel I am on the brink of something wonderful and some days wonderful actually shows up.
10. Hope is one of my life words.
11. I love to travel and see new places.
12. I see life so differently through the lens of my camera.
13. Every day I ask God to save me from myself.
14. I honestly believe I am living out my second childhood right now. It only becomes a midlife crisis if I buy a corvette and acquire a trophy husband.
15. I have extensive training in “random.” Just try to throw me off track.
16. The last movie I watched with my brother Scott was Galaxy Quest. Whenever I watch it, I can hear him laugh, always in the same places.
17. The best track on the new The Fray album is “Happiness,” but “Enough for Now” made me cry.
18. If I could go barefooted all the time, I would.
19. My beloved Grandpa always called me Taterbug. He also reinforced the notion in my life that knowledge is power and freedom.
20. I believe in divine intervention and miracles, especially the ones others would call coincidence.
21. I can make almost any baby/toddler smile.
22. I have had a toe ring since 1996 and wonder if I could get it off even if I wanted to.
23. Yoda is my favorite Star Wars character…and when I watch any Star Wars movie and someone says, “May the Force be with you,” I ALWAYS say, “and also with you.” I can’t help myself.
24. I like being weird, goofy, strange, sassy, odd, and discovering life outside the box.
25. My heart is open. Finally.