Yes, I’m still alive and kicking. With the internet troubles I’ve had, it just hasn’t been worth trying to blog, but I’m going to brave it now for MEG who called me out on Facebook for not blogging.
I still have plenty to say…still working… but it seems I’m playing a lot more, which has been a big blessing in many ways. From this I am learning things like…you’re as old as you make up your mind to be, and I’ve made up my mind to be young…in mind and heart and soul.
I’ve been taking many photos, and when my internet gets better, I’ll post some pics.
I’ve been writing some. It’s sporadic, as usual, but I have many ideas. I’m actually remembering to write some down. The poetry flows.
And tonight? Tonight I’m sitting here cross-legged on the floor of my apartment pondering many things this evening… such as (this is written just as it pops into my head):
– When am I going to get furniture to sit on?
– Where did the lead singer of Kings of Leon get that voice?
– Is it bad to like not having furniture?
– Can a person really drink too much water or is he just going through denial of going through Dr. Pepper withdrawal?
– After all I’ve done this week to strain my brain, why am I not tired?
– What do you call the music mix of the evening that includes Incubus, Anita Baker, Lady Antebellum, Rascal Flatts, Kings of Leon, Michael Jackson, Keith Urban and Jill Scott?
– I should really stop wearing the jeans to work that I can pull up and down without unbuttoning them because they are going to fall down in the hallway at work one of these days, I just know it. Thing is, I just bought them not that long ago. Ugh.
– I’m really starting to like Taylor Swift. Taylor, you have a 40 year old fan. There. I said it.
– Is the ground really that dry in Houston that we must run to the windows when we see a singular cloud dance by the window to see if, by chance, there might be a drop of moisture in it? YES, WE MUST. And we must photograph actual rainfall since there’s been so little since our last RAIN EVENT (i.e. the day it flooded at the end of April).
– More cowbell.
– YRKM means, “You are killing me.”
– Why am I so random tonight?
– A friend told me that sometimes coming in second is more worthwhile in the long run than being first all the time. I’m still pondering this.
– Apparently, at work, I’m Shirley and Laverne is my yang in California. We both Haiku and it gets a little crazy sometimes…hence the phrase, “Haiku War.”
– I am surrounded by smart people and smartass people…and people who make me laugh until my stomach hurts.
– That’s what I had said, Bon Qui Qui.
– I can be a real bitch sometimes.
– I can be a real friend sometimes, too.
– I could do this all night. OMG it’s 11:30.
– I confess that Michael Jackson’s Thriller cassette was one of a few that I sneaked (snuck?) into church camp. For those of you unfamiliar with cassettes, ask your mother.
– Singing makes me very, very happy and brings me to a place of peace unlike any other.
– I am so blessed by each of my Bro Onions. More than they know.
– Nicole Kidman is a lucky, lucky, blessed woman.
– Did I eat dinner? Yes… I ate dinner.
– New fave song of the moment: “You Bring Me Joy” – Anita Baker. Hey, it was in that mix you read about some random thoughts ago.
– Song I have sung at least four times tonight: “Run to You,” by Lady Antebellum.
– Most random song of the evening, “A Friend,” by the Winans.
– Song I am listening to right now: “I’ll Still be Loving You,” by Restless Heart.
– Song I am going to listen to before I go to bed: “Come Awake,” by David Crowder and then probably “Need You Now,” by Chris Tomlin.
– Bed… sounds like a great idea… since there is that whole work thing tomorrow… so, it is now 11:45 and I will sign off this post with this verse from a new favorite hymn, O Love That Wilt Not Let Me Go:
O Joy that seeks me through pain,
I cannot close my heart to thee;
I trace the rainbow thru the rain,
and feel the promise is not vain,
that morn shall tearless be.
Until next time…