Tonight marks the beginning of the 8th series of Doctor Who. Since 2005, I have watched this show, a dedicated fan who has an imaginary friend who lives in a blue box.
To start this season off right, I decided to share the Top 10 Signs You’ve Gone Whovian with all the newbies out there. Welcome.
10. You own at least 5 things with the Doctor Who logo on them.
9. You have moments when you are facing your fears when you think, “Don’t blink. Blink and you’re dead.”
8. You watch Doctor Who wearing your Doctor Who pajama pants.
7. You have taken an Adipose doll through airport security. (yes, I took my “fat” on vacation)
6. Your BFF meets you on vacation with her stuffed Tardis.
5. You have the “Van Gogh Exploding Tardis” mug.
4. “The angels have the phonebox,” and “Time Lord Academy,” are on some of your favorite t-shirts.
3. Your love of Chucks was totally rekindled by David Tennant’s Doctor (though those were not likely Chucks).
2. Your favorite color isn’t “blue.” It’s “Tardis blue.”
1. You explain time to people like this: “People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint – it’s more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly… time-y wimey… stuff.”
Whovian and Proud!