I’m taking prednisone this week and am not sleeping, so I thought I’d share what I’m learning this late at night with you. Granted, I am usually the night owl, but it’s tough being a night owl when there isn’t proper rest between night owlings.
1. When trying to relax, do not listen to Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass.
2. It’s difficult to play solitaire when you forget the order in which the numbers go. Mahjongg solitaire… it’s sad when you can’t match simple pictures together. Scrap solitaire all together.
3. When you Google “nerd” you get 3 million hits. With “geek” you get 23 million. “Star Wars” nets 63 million and “insomnia” gets you over 5 million.
4. How I feel right now reminds me that it’s good I went to college when I was much younger… when it was fun to stay up all night for no reason.
5. Poetry is impossible to write while this tired. Even the haiku, a favorite form of mine, which oft does not rhyme.
6. Note to self: buy some more sleepytime tea.
7. If Spock were here, he’d so that Vulcan pinch thing on my shoulder and it would be LIGHTS OUT!
And now, I’m going to TRY closing my eyes and we’ll see what happens.