JEANS SHOPPING

I went out this afternoon to drop off my recyling and while I was in that neighborhood, I stopped at one of the few places I actually buy clothes from (and like them). I bought a pair of jeans there in July since the two pairs of jeans I really like are 7 years old and are big enough now that they barely stay up and one day soon they will undoubtedly sprout holes in undesirable places. My pair of July jeans are a size smaller than my really old jeans.

I picked out that same size when I tried on another pair of jeans. The first pair (different style than my July jeans) I pulled up without unzipping them and I looked in the mirror in disbelief. I figured it was because they were a different style.

Next I tried on a pair of jeans that are pretty much the same brand, style and cut of my July jeans. They were a bit baggy. I asked the clerk to get me a size smaller, and she came back with some while I tried on some chinos.

Granted, I have been doing some exercise in the last six weeks, but I had no idea I’d lost any weight at all (I’m not an obsessive weigher). I bought the jeans, though, and retired my two pairs of old jeans.

I came home and celebrated by eating a salad.

My, how times have changed.

6 Comments Add yours

1. Courtney says:

thats awesome…. i will celebrate for you by eating some chocolate cake!

2. Dana says:

yay! Sharona!!! Did you call Candie?The pain has paid off!!!!

3. Shae says:

Thanks, Courtney! Enjoy it for me. :)I still eat sweets, but less often and less quantity.

4. Karie says:

YAY for once size smaller! i’m so proud of you!

5. Kelly Fisher says:

My fav place to buy jeans is now Wal-Mart! Ha! They are $10.98 and make me look slimmer (if that is possible) than the most expensive jeans I have ever tried on ($125.00).

6. Anonymous says:

I’m so proud of you! Way to go!!!LMS